Friday, May 11, 2012

Genesis 29:20

Is it so much to ask for, really?! Wanting a man to ask me on a date instead of to his bedroom? I don't really know, but it seems as though my standards have slipped of late. I used to be the girl who giggled when a guy would give her a comment, and blushed when he held her hand. It seems as though I have lost touch of what is important. I have lost respect for myself. If I could go back and change things I have said and done I would, but I can't.  All I can do is accept that I have made mistakes and change my life. I want to be an example for other women, but most importantly my neice. Though she is only eight months, she is constantly growing and learning new things. One thing I want her to learn is that she is beautiful and she deserves respect. I know my blog seems like a bitch-fest but its really not. All I am asking for is a man who is selfless and has respect for himself and others around him, someone who is honest and willing to love someone more then himself.  He will find me, I just have to be patient and know when God is telling me it's time to let love in.

Tremble for yourself, my man,
You know that you have seen this all before
Tremble Little Lion Man,
You'll never settle any of your scores
Your grace is wasted in your face,
Your boldness stands alone among the wreck
Now learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own neck

No comments:

Post a Comment